greetings,

Every day we honour our flag and the students are really into this.They raise and lower the beloved flag with care and respect..... but you know us .... we cannot resist smiling so much .... a giggle or two must bubble up at the end. Today, the flag party was good except one who blacked out and did not salute.Thus ,he was called and the drill went like this....

...why didn't you salute? ...i did not know... what do you mean did not know?how many years you have been hia and yet u do not know?... er..i thought.... u don't think! u just do what u r expected to do!!!....

Yes, we do take our flag raising seriously although we can be very funny in the process ..God bless our school.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hahahahahahha

I remember back then when we were in Form 3 and our Head boy perform the flag closing ceremony where he has to lower the flag and untie it, unfornutately he didn't untie the knot properly and while holding the flag after his about turn and marching back he actualy pulled the pole rope too and with surprise he stood firmly at the spot where he could not move forward and have to wait for all the students and teachers to leave the parade area then untie the rope flag from the flag.....

well, bro, and what were you doing then? trying to stop your laughter i bet. rhs has come a long way since your time and we owe alot to our treasured friends like our sponser , stacy,for this opportunity. Moreover, our students are more advanced than your lot , ha.ha.ha. We pray they get blessed like you and have a prosperous job, a beautiful spouse and your wisdom to practise family planning.Thank you also for the help,bro to ex rhs students.God bless you and your family.

Joseph Tebuke Rotan said:

hahahahahahha

I remember back then when we were in Form 3 and our Head boy perform the flag closing ceremony where he has to lower the flag and untie it, unfornutately he didn't untie the knot properly and while holding the flag after his about turn and marching back he actualy pulled the pole rope too and with surprise he stood firmly at the spot where he could not move forward and have to wait for all the students and teachers to leave the parade area then untie the rope flag from the flag.....

hi...I was so proud when MOE officials announced that they were so touched by the RHS flag raising ceremony this year.All the best

oporia.

oh flag raising ceremony....just imagine how does it feel for someone with an imbalance voice and a flat soprano but had to tune the national anthem for a year during the flag ceremony....anyway a big thanks to the students of 2004 for not criticizing such a kind of voice....at least not in the face.....but at last it turns out to be a great experience and at least the only time that people are following the tune....what is that saying?...e aki okioki te tai...hahaha......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Discussion - Old Days of Rabi High School 1 Reply

This discussion was started on Banaban Voice and includes:List of past teachers; and lots more: …Continue

Tags: banaban-education, secondary-learning, banaba, Banabans, Rabi-island

Started by Stacey King. Last reply by Riire Tearawa May 20, 2014.

Homesick??? 3 Replies

Just couldnt resist signing in as I perused the RHS articles. Brought back many, many happy and sweet memories I am shedding satiated tears of joy internally.Yeah, I was fortunate and very honored to…Continue

Started by Atarake T. Rotan. Last reply by Atarake T. Rotan Sep 11, 2013.

flag raising 4 Replies

greetings,Every day we honour our flag and the students are really into this.They raise and lower the beloved flag with care and respect..... but you know us .... we cannot resist smiling so much…Continue

Started by Tumeima T Rotan Wiriam. Last reply by Riire Tearawa Mar 28, 2013.

SHARING

I was brought up in a community that had no written record.of our origins. I was told , then, that I ,as a Banaban, was a member of a unique race, blah, blah, blah,....But living in Kiribati, the…Continue

Started by Atarake T. Rotan Nov 15, 2012.

Members

© 2019   Created by Stacey King.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service